3 Knee Stretches to Reduce Chronic Knee Pain
With knees you need to be careful not to overuse or abuse. For women in particular, quadriceps muscles may be overdeveloped on the outside which can pull the kneecap off balance. The good news is that knee pain from overuse can usually be resolved with ice, rest, knee stretches and exercises that promote healing.With care and maintenance, your knees can be pain free.
Try these 3 knee stretches for healthy knees
The Dos and Don'ts for Healthy KneesThe Dos for Healthy Knees
- Build muscle strength, especially in the quads, hamstrings, glutes and ankles
- Stretch, stretch, stretch! Especially before and after workouts
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Wear shoes with proper arch support
- If you have pain exercising or everyday activities, don't ignore it!
- Don't overextend your knees
- Don't forget how important abdominal strength and overall stability is
- Don't slouch! Practice proper posture daily
If you or anyone you know has knee pain, itBandz provides support to allow you to get back to your best performance. itBandz knee braces help you live life the way you want to, getting you out there so that you can do things you love to do, and giving you the power to own your own fitness in your unique way.