Healthy Aging: The Top 16 Benefits of Continued Exercise
Everyone knows that exercise is good for you, but did you know it can add years to your life? Exercise is truly the key to healthy aging. As you get older, sometimes maintaining or even starting an exercise routine can be a little bit of a challenge. Maybe it's been awhile since you've exercised and you just don't know where to start. Or perhaps you feel hesitant because of some ongoing health problems or you're worried about an injury or falling. Don't let these worries slow you down! Instead, let them be reasons to motivate you to get moving. Remember to always consult a medical professional before beginning any new exercise program, especially if you're experiencing any acute or chronic medical conditions.
No matter your age or physical condition, exercise will help you to stay strong, energetic and promote healthy aging. Here's how:
- Exercise can help you to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. As we age, our metabolism naturally starts to slow down. Exercise helps to boost metabolism and build muscle mass.
- A regular exercise routine allows you to maintain and often enhance your levels of strength.
- With regular exercise, you can experience a lowered risk of chronic conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Exercise improves immune function, better bone density and blood pressure.
Don't let knee pain slow you down from exercising. itBandz knee braces will let you head out with confidence and without knee pain!
- Exercise has been shown to improve your outlook
- Mobility, flexibility and balance is increased helping to reduce the risk of falls
- Exercise enhances your mental health
- Exercise increases your energy level
- Exercise improves your muscle tone
- Exercise improves your posture
- Sleep is improved with lots of exercise
- Exercise helps to boost your mood and self-confidence since it is a huge stress reliever
- Exercising regularly is great for your brain and helps to increase mental capacity
- Enhanced cardiovascular health
- Regular exercise may help to speed up the wound-healing process if you have any injuries or wounds
- Your immune system can improve when your body is strong, healthy and able to fight off any infection or sickness more easily and quickly